POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Generating a mesh from points...? : Generating a mesh from points...? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:12:02 EDT (-0400)
  Generating a mesh from points...?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 31 Aug 2002 11:37:59
Message: <3d70e2d7$1@news.povray.org>
I've implemented an electrostatic repulsion algorithm
in order to distribute points on a sphere.
Now I'd like to know how can easily convert the
points into a mesh which has only triangles on the
outside surface.
I'd like it to work by selecting three closest points, make
triangle, and then move on, creating triangles as need,
until the entire area is covered.
I could go about and simply connect all combinations of
three points, but this is insane for point-amounts well
above 200 (at the moment 500).

Any links?

--
Tim Nikias